Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chinese Bumps, Pig Nipples!

I was so excited when I met this lady today. She came into the store wearing this Bantu Knot hairstyle. As she was leaving the building I had a mini interview with her. I asked her what is the name of her hair style and she gave me a few names: Chinese Bumps, Cork ScrewPig NipplesBantu Knots, Crab Eye (I received this name from one of my Facebook fan. At first the name sounded a bit strange but when I thought of a crab's eye, and looked at this lady's 
knots, I could see the relation!)

She said that she puts her hair in this hairstyle only so that her hair has a nice curl. Her hair is natural in the dreadlock style. It is not really her habit to be out on the street with her hair like this. She says that she does it occasionally.

There are occasions where she has a function to attend and this hairstyle would go appropriately with the garment she has to wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this.. gotta hook up with Lizette to get me a "do" like this.