Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bantu Knots

About three days ago I was reading the latest post of one of the blogs that I follow and the author wrote about putting her hair in Bantu Knots. I posted a comment asking her what are Bantu Knots

I then decided to Google Bantu Knots (isn't the Internet just great, you can search ANYTHING!). I was amazed at the amount of videos that I found on this topic. I found these two videos that gave simple instructions on how to comb your hair into Bantu Knots. It can be used as a method to style your hair or I have seen some people wearing it as a hairstyle. 

My mother combed my hair like this when I was a young girl but we called it 'CORK SCREW'! After watching the videos I decided to comb my hair in Bantu Knots and see what the end results would be like. My husband absolutely hated to see my hair in this style! I eventually removed the knots and combed out my hair. The results were alright but I notice that my hair is very dry in these types of hairstyles.

3 comments:

DeJa Vu said...

Yeah, it is not a cute style to a lot of people. But I do love it when I'm prepooing and shampooing. I use the knots to shampoo in sections and also condition in sections.

Martina J said...

These Bantu Knots can be used for a variety of things! Quite interesting!

Anonymous said...

cool