Monday, August 10, 2009

Her Journey Has Just Begun

In one of my previous post I included a link to a post by my fellow Blog Catalog member. She recently started her natural hair growth journey. Now she has sent me some pictures so I can see her progress. Her hair looks so soft and light.

Apparently she was having problems with the ends of her hair which were damaged and she decided to cut off the permed hair. The last picture is of her before she cut her hair.

I was chatting with my daughter on line and she informed me that she has finally stopped using hair gel every day and that she is making an extra effort not to touch up her hair every month. I have been trying to introduce to some of the things that I learned in my hair gowth journey. She was trying to but she just would not leave the curling alone and she had to use her hair gel.

Check out this site that I just found and it is loaded with Black hair care information
On my last post she (my friend in the pictures) commented: "Perhaps we are meant to have locks. Hair appears to grow faster with locks because there is very little hair manipulation that can lead to breakage. However, what I have discovered is that our hair grows at the same rate regardless. The key to long hair is retaining length. So even if your hair grows and there is constant breakage then long lengths are never achieved. So basically, treat your ends like a fragile baby or a precious jewel and you will see how long your hair will grow.:"

No comments: