Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Am Thinking About 'Locking' My Hair!!!

I saw these photos on Facebook, of this young lady with beautiful locked hair (look at the length of her hair!) and of course I had to get consent to post them on my blog. 

You know something I think I am liking this natural hairstyle thing. I notice that people who choose this hairstyle, the hair grows pretty long in a very short space of time. The model in these pictures said that she has been growing her hair for eight (8) years now and her regime is very simple, she just uses hair grease and when she washes it, she twists it so it gets nice and curly. 
One of her comments was that she was amazed how fast the hair grows with dreads and when the hair is any other way it takes forever to grow. I guess black people are meant to have dreads.

2 comments:

Soleilwriter said...

Perhaps we are meant to have locks. Hair appears to grow faster with locks because there is very little hair manipulation than can lead to breakage. However, what I have discovered is that our hair grows at the same rate regardless. The key to long hair is retaining length. So even if your hair grows and there is constant breakage then long lengths are never achieved. So basically, treat your ends like a fragile baby or a precious jewel and you will see how long your hair will grow.

Martina J said...

Thats an interesting way to think about the ends of my hair - precious jewels! I have learned so much since I have started this blog. Thanks!