Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let's Talk A Little About Wigs!

My niece-in-law made this wig and I had to ask her if she took a course and she said no. 

She watched a few YouTube videos in combination with some assistance from a family friend and she was able to put this wig together! Isn't it amazing???!!!! She said that she likes the flexibility of being able to have a variety of different hair styles. With a wig she does not have to spend any length of time at the hairdresser for them to install a weave in her hair. 

Her words were "I am using it now as a half wing because I love sew ins but I hate that you have to sew on your real hair. There is less damage to your hair or no damage at all with the wigs. The less you manipulate your hair the longer it will grow. So with the wig I can comb back my natural hair and just pin in the wig and be good to go. My hair will lengthen and basically suffer from no damage and I can have a diverse of hair styles."

2 comments:

Soleilwriter said...

I agree. I love wearing half wigs while I'm growing my natural hair out. I can get the look of a straight or curly look without applying any heat or chemicals to my own hair. I just keep my natural hair protected underneath while still looking fabulous.

Martina J said...

I never really thought about wigs in this way, eventhough I wore a stick in piece just before I started growing my hair. I was mostly thinking about weaves and I am definately not doing that again. Maybe I should experiement with a nice wig that will still look natural at the same time and allow me to have a different look.