Monday, August 3, 2009

Self Portraits Are Difficult

Taking self portraits is quite difficult. I spent almost about 45 minutes trying to get some good pictures of myself. I had to find the right position because some of the pictures had too much light. Then when I got that right, I was taking pictures of the top of my head, my breast, my television ....... 

I really wanted some from my right side of my face. But even though I am right handed it was very difficult to hold the camera in the perfect position. The better ones that I took were from my left side. I went to the hairdresser on Sunday 2nd August and I had a touch up done, applied a burgundy semi permanent hair color and had the ends of my hair trimmed. 

I love how my relaxed hair feels when I just return from the hairdresser, it is light and bouncy. Makes me feel even more beautiful!! Since I started my journey to grow my hair in 2004, I stopped using a hair brush. Yesterday I noticed my hairdresser using a hair brush (the one with the balls at the end) and while she was brushing my 
hair it left like a scalp massage. So I decided to purchase one. So you should see me brushing my hair last night. It felt really good. 

I am a member of Blog Catalog and I recently met another member that recently started her journey of growing her hair natural. She has a home deep condition that she uses and I plan to start using it. I will let you know how that goes. When I first started my hair growth journey, my hair had grown to about my shoulder blades but as I was not trimming the ends, it was long and short . So in 2007, I decided to eventually get my hair well cut. Now after having it trimmed on Sunday, I would not be trimming again until maybe next year about this same time.

2 comments:

mr. nichols said...

I definitely feel you on how hard it is to take self-portraits? Do you have the timer on your camera? That helps but it's still tricky because you never know if you're lined up right. You mentioned that you stop using a hairbrush. Does that stunt hair growth?

Martina J said...

I did experiment with the timer on my camera and as you said, you still have to ensure that it is lined up right. I got alot of pictures with part of my head cut off. LOL!
About brushing my hair: I read that brushing our type of hair DOES NOT lead to hair growth. As a matter of fact it damages the hair. Ever thought about these hairstyles:
AFRO, JERRY CURLS AND DREADLOCKS?
These hairstyles grow very long and no brush is used.