Monday, January 10, 2011

Hair Breakage From Braids

Before I washed my hair 
Article by Kyla Vialva - My daughter.
Recently I styled my hair in a simple up-do, and of course my hair stylist used spritz and gel to hold the style. After about two weeks of wearing the style I washed it out. A handful of hair came out while I was combing my hair and I thought to myself that my hair was breaking. So I decided to give my hair a break from processing and daily heat from my curling iron by braiding it.

Tangled Hair
Yesterday, I decided to remove my braids after about 3 weeks. Boy did I regret it. I forgot to comb out my hair before I washed it, which resulted in huge tangles of hair in my head. I tried so many things to untangle my hair, without breaking it but I couldn’t. Sadly I had to, this time more hair came out than the first time. I don’t think I will be braiding my hair again anytime soon. Nevertheless, I steamed my hair with Dr. Miracles Tingling Deep Conditioning Treatment. Hopefully my hair will revive from this trauma!!  After I washed my hair and styled it





1 comment:

Martina J said...

Wow Kyla, you hair went through quite a trauma. You really need to take extra care of your hair now and give it a rest from all the chemicals, braiding etc.

For the past two weeks I have been braiding my hair at nights and finger combing it out in the morning. Everyone at my work place love it and so do it. I really like the look. All I put in my hair at night is my moisturizer, that is it!!

Good luck!