Friday, April 29, 2016

Using Baking Soda To Clean My Pandora Jewelry


Last year around this same time, I was about to put on my Pandora bangle bracelet and realized that it was tarnished!  The bangle bracelet was my first piece of Pandora jewelry that my son gifted to me a couple of years ago.  And I already had acquired a number of charms.  Alot of people would tell you that a Pandora jewelry collection could be a bit expensive.
 
The jewelry is available in sterling silver, gold, rose gold, sterling silver with bits of gold etc.  At this point I have only purchased the sterling silver Pandora Jewelry.  I have one leather bracelet that I received during one of Pandora's annual specials.

So you could understand when I got very upset to see that my Pandora jewelry was tarnished, to the point that I almost threw it away!  Then I thought about applying some baking soda on the jewelry. So I placed the Pandora bangle bracelet with the charms into a bowl and poured some baking soda (aka bicarbonate of soda) over it.  Then I mixed in some water to make a paste.  I rubbed the paste on the jewelry and left it for about 2 hours.

I then washed off the baking soda paste from the Pandora Jewelry and was amazed at how shiny it looked!  I was so happy!!  I am also grateful that I made an early decision to pull out my camcorder to record the event so my viewers could see the transformation!  That first video was not planned and was a bit unorganized so I recorded another one and explained what I was doing step by step.

I have received numerous comments on the first video from viewers reporting that they tried this tip and it has worked great for them.  Other people would tell you to take the jewelry to your local Pandora store to have your Pandora Jewelry cleaned.  Sometimes it's just more convenient to clean it yourself at home.  Note:  I tried cleaning the jewelry with dishing washing liquid but it left my jewelry looking dull.


You might also be interested in Pandora's cleaning kit. Here is my video reviewing this product. CLICK HERE 






No comments: