Friday, April 1, 2016

Conversation With A Natural Hair Twist Out Model

I had a very entertaining conversation with a young lady yesterday.  I went into a store to purchase some stuff for my kitchen and while doing the checkout, I observed that the cashier's hair is natural.  It looked like she did a twist out - it look full, lush and beautiful!!  

A twist out is when you separate the hair in sections and separate each section of hair into two and then twisted them.  Also known as a two strand twist. The next day or maybe days later, the sections are untwisted and left like that or styled.

I told her that I made an attempt with unplaiting my hair and did not like the results, my hair would just stick out.  She also shared that her hair needs alot of water and her experience with braiding her, she realized that she had to keep moisturizing her hair even though it was in braids.  

As you can see even though her hair is natural, some chemical dye was applied to her hair to change the color.  This causes the hair to be dry so that's a double set of dryness as our hair is naturally dry.

Extra caution has to be taken to moisturize the hair even though it may be in a protective style.  Which is where a lot of women fall short in their natural hair growth journey.

No comments: