Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hair Tips

My son as well as one of my viewers suggested that I added some hair tips to my blog. So I thought that it would be a good idea to get some videos on the subject - tips on hair care. I was amazed on the amount of videos there are on the subject. Well I will start with these two.








After watching all these YouTube videos, it re ignited my desire to grow my hair long. But of course it all starts with how you treat your hair. So I washed my hair and roller set it. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I will remove the rollers and wrap my hair but before wrapping it, I would following one of the tips mentioned above and ensure that I apply some of my moisturizing cream to the ends of my hair.

I remember when I first started my hair growth journey, my daughter was always telling me that I should wrap my hair and my response was that it was too difficult. But my mother said 'Practice makes perfect'. I tried and tried and eventually I got the hang of it.

I could never understand why my hairdresser would roller set my hair and THEN wrap it. Then one day she explained that roller setting it first gives the hair some 'bounce'. Now after I remove the rollers, my hair is very puffy so wrapping it would flatten out the puffiness.

I see alot of people talking about wrapping their hair with a silk head tie. But with me by the next morning, that silk head tie would be some other part of the bed. So I use a cotton head tie.

3 comments:

Mythreyi Dilip said...

That was cool tips. Very interesting!

Soleilwriter said...

I enjoyed your hair care tips. I just wanted to note that cotton head ties are known to strip the hair of it's natural oils because it absorbs it. The same way cotton is a good material to wear in the summer because it absorbs moisture. The cotton fabric rubs against your hair when you toss and turn (if you do)and cause more split ends which will lead to further breakage. Silk or nylon that has a silk feel to it will be smooth against your hair and retain moisture.

Martina J said...

Thanks so much for that tip Karine. Eventhough I perfer my bandania, I will see if I get a silk head tye next week. Hope it stays on my head while sleeping!!!