Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lets discuss Weaves and Braids.

This is my niece-in-law, I wrote about her on one of my earlier post - see here.

I recently learned that for each blog posting there is a URL for it. I was under the impression that it would be a task to retrieve an old post or to refer someone to it. Now that I know that each post has its unique URL, I can occasionally refer some older post. Cool!!!

My niece-in-law is presently in the BVI on holidays and from what I am seeing in her lifestyle she is having a grand time. I can also tell that she absolutely loves herself. Way to go sweetie! I am proud of you!!! You have got to love yourself before you can love anyone else. Just remember that!

She is a very talented young lady, in the hair braiding field. The other day I saw her and she had a weave in her hair and another time it was well braided.

Most people braid and weave their hair because they want to give their hair a 'rest' from the relaxers and in a hope that it will grow. The hair will grow but personally I think it damages the ends of the hair.

But of course we can't exclude the major fact why people braid and weave their - the latest fashion!
I remember when I use to braid my hair regular, the first day I may be in a little pain because my hair was plait to tight. After a while the plaits would slacken up. I read that plaiting the hair too tight causes breakage as well.
Removing the braids is another issue. I notice that my hair is dry and there was a lot of breakage after the braids have been removed. The next step would to be deep condition the hair.


















No comments: