Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Is This Signs Of Dementia?

I had a recent event that shook me up a bit so I thought I would share my experience with you in this blog post.

I was in the grocery store and stopped at the section where the green bananas are located. I placed my shopping basket on the ground and proceeded to pack a plastic bag with some green bananas.

Then I walked over to the section with the potatoes, which was not far away. I packed another plastic bag with some potatoes.

When I was done, I looked around for my shopping basket and could not find it. I felt disoriented and just could not remember where I put my shopping basket. I even asked myself if I had a shopping cart. I proceeded to walk over to the section with the green bananas and looked down on the ground and there was my shopping basket. It wasn't a pleasant experience at all.

There was another time when I driving to a specific destination and I could not remember where I was going. This happened to me before but I was able to recollect myself within seconds but this time it took longer than usual and I had to drive my vehicle to the side of the road and stop the vehicle before I was able to remember where I was going.

My mother died on January 17, 2020 and had a bit of dementia. She would move things and forgot where she put them, then she would accuse family members for stealing her things. I am very mindful of her experiences.

I haven't gotten my annual medical check up as yet, when I do I will discuss this matter with my doctor and see what is recommended.

No comments: