Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bantu Knots 2

I was watching this video last night on how to style your hair after setting it in Bantu Knots. I tried Bantu Knots in my hair before and I did not really like the results.

This is how my hair looks in the Bantu Knots.

This morning, the first thing that I did was to untie my hair. Wait.... did I say untie???? That means that my silk head tie remained on my hair for the entire night!!!! Success!!!! I think the knots helped my head tie not to slip off my head.

I carefully unrolled each knot and finger combed my hair. This is the results. I like the look this time around.

Okay so I proceeded to style my hair as I saw in the video but my hair was just flopping down. I was not getting the look I wanted. When I did get something close, my son (he took out these pictures) he absolutely did not like it and told me to try something else. Wow he is a tough photographer!!


So I tried and tried and this is what I came up with.










See my post on my first Bantu Knots results. Looking at that post now, I think I did not moisturize my hair enough and I did not twist and wrap each know tight enough!


2 comments:

Cee said...

It looks like your hair was wet or damp, bantu knots don't work on damp/wet hair. It needs to be hair dry but you should also use something to set yr hair with it like a cream or something. Try that.

Martina J said...

Thanks for your recommendations Cee!! Actual my hair was not wet when I did the Bantu Knots. My curls would have been more tighter if my hair was wet.

I think it is the lighting in the picture that gives you the impression my hair was wet when I put in the knots. I did apply some moisturizer at the ends of my hair when I was doing the knots.