Monday, August 1, 2016

We Need Muscle To Burn Body Fat

On one of my many visits to my local grocery store, I met one of the workers there who every time I see her she has a different hair style.  So on this particular day when I first saw her my first comment to her was, "I can't keep up with you because every time I see you, your hair style is different!"  This time she had some purple braids installed.  They looked fabulous! 

So we were talking and I asked her if the braids were heavy and she said, "Not really".  But her only problem was when she is taking a shower it is a little hassle trying to avoid the hair from getting wet.  Plus she said she has not been going to the gym for the past couple of days because she is trying to avoid to sweat in her head.  In addition to that she said that she found that she was putting on weight even though she was working out so hard at the gym (we use to go to the gym at the nearby local community center and we became acquainted there - I no longer go to that gym)!

Well I became additionally alert when she said that! She said that she is building muscle and found that she is putting on weight!  I asked her if she is making this judgment based on what she is seeing on the scale and she responded positively.  I took the opportunity to tell her that she is on the right track because muscle is heaver than fat.  So at this point of her work out journey, she should not allow the scale to guide her but instead monitor how her cloths fit! 

Even though the scale may record that your weight may have increased but your cloths are beginning to get loose, you are on the right track!!! I encouraged her to continue with her work out routine!  Muscle increases our metabolism which interns helps our bodies to burn fat!!!


We Need Muscle To Burn Body Fat


No comments: