Monday, August 15, 2016

HOT NEWS: Gymnist Gabby Douglas Hair - AGAIN!

So today I decided to join the debate about Gabby Douglas hair during her performance at the 2016 Olympics in Rio and 2012 in London.


Olympics 2012, Gabby was the first African American to earn an individual, all round Olympic title!


OMG I am appalled at the amount of negativity out there especially on twitter about this young athlete!  People are talking about how she should have made an extra effort to make her hair look more presentable and that she has enough money to do this so why didn't she.  These same people are not even acknowledging that she has won more gold medals this year.  I am soo happy for her and her team!!


I was proud of her when I first saw her performance in 2012, I am not into watching the Olympics etc but the first time I saw her, she made an impression on me.  She is truly a gifted and talented young woman.  She works hard and I mean hard, to achieve this level of skill.  What I see is a woman that is FOCUSED and does not intend to let anything get in her way - not even her hair!


There are other athletes who have their weaves, extensions and braids while performing but not everyone is the same.  Gabby chose not to have any hair distracting her during her performance, she has her hair neatly tucked back and she is happy with that.  As I look closely at a few of her photos, she does have a weave or something in her hair but it is all pulled back. Gabby choice to put her money into her training which paid off BIG TIME!! But you can be guaranteed when she has to do go to an event, she would go all out to make herself look 'fly'!!!


Please people, stop the hating and show more love!  To Gabby, I am so proud of you and your accomplishments!  You go girl and please, please, ignore these haters.


Here is a response from Gabby in 2012 to the haters:


“What’s wrong with my hair?  I’m like, I just made history and people are focused on my hair?  It can be bald or short; it doesn’t matter about my hair.  Nothing is going to change, I am going to wear my hair like this during beam and bar finals.  You might as well stop talking about it!”



No comments: