Thursday, August 11, 2016

My Friends Cut Off Their Dreadlocks Because Of Health Issues

My topic today is about another friend of mine that cut off his beautiful dreadlocks because of health issues. 

I did a post in 2011 about a lady, that I met in Trinidad, who had her dreadlocks cut in a bob hairstyle and it was dyed blonde.  I had a mini interview with her and asked why she cut the hair and she informed me that the hair was heavy and she was getting a lot of headaches.

Click the following link to read that post Heavy Long DreadLocks

My second friend (Kat), I also did a blog post about her in 2014, and she too cut her dreadlocks but this time she cut everything off.  She said that it was an injustice to the rastarfaian tradition if she just cut off some of her dreadlocks.  She was experiencing headaches as well and had problems sleeping.  After numerous massages and trips to her family doctor, she made a finial decision to cut off the dreadlocks.   The length of her hair was to the middle of her back. 

She is doing pretty good rocking her short natural hair.  But honestly she looked fabulous with her dreadlocks anyhow health comes first. 

Click the following link to read that blog post - Interview with my friend who cut off her dreadlocks


Now this year I saw a post on Facebook from friend's (Kat) husband that he too cut off his dreadlocks!  His hair was always nicely maintained and the length was up to his buttocks.  I had the opportunity to speak with him briefly a few days ago and asked him why he cut off his dreadlocks and he said that he was having some neck pain.  I know that his hair was his pride and joy so I am sure that this was a very difficult decision for him.  He too is donating his locks to the local cancer society!

Note to my friends:  you can lock your hair again and begin another journey!







No comments: