Thursday, November 24, 2011

Jasmine - Lets Celebrate Black Hair


This is my beautiful cousin Jasimine.  I have been waiting some time to get this photo from her.  I wanted to show off her beautiful long locks.  The following is her story.

"My story is not unlike a lot of sista's out there. I went from relaxing my hair to extensions and weave that made me look like I had a face lift every six weeks! I was fed up, had an ultra sensitive scalp and a rapidly receding hairline. I literally went on strike and refused to comb my hair anymore! I learned how to start locking up and that transition was tough. I certainly didn't have hair that swished in the breeze anymore as it was about three inches long but on the up side my husband was no longer banned from running his fingers through my hair! Was it worth it? Absolutely. Black hair is as versatile as it is majestic. Let's celebrate it!"

No comments: