Sunday, November 20, 2011

Guyanese Lady Named Gillian

It has been a while since I approached a stranger and asked her to take a picture of her hair.  I met this lovely young lady today as she was doing her early morning daily chore of checking the fleet of yachts at Hodges Creek, Tortola BVI.  My husband first noticed her and commented that she had nice long hair.  As we passed her by and said our morning greetings, my husband told me that he wanted to compliment her about her hair but he thought that I would have been angry with him.  I assured him that I would not have been.

So he went about doing his business of fishing with his friend and I got an opportunity to speak to this young lady.  She is Guyanese and her name is Gillian.  I complimented on her beautiful head of hair and I asked her if she ever thought of cutting it and she said she actually did on many occasions.  Apparently her grows back very quickly.  She also informed me that her husband does not like it when she cuts her hair.  I wonder why, my husband does not like it when I cut my hair either.  She also informed me that in its natural form, her hair is very curly and I know that could be a nightmare sometimes especially after shampooing the hair.  She has a relaxer in her hair which allows her hair to be more manageable.



No comments: