Wednesday, November 9, 2011

High Maintenance Hairstyle


This is my beautiful second cousin Nicola!  I am so excited to do this post about her. I was part of her life when she was a young child.  It was always a joy to spend time with her, her mom (my first cousin) and her brothers.  I miss them alot.  I feel so proud  seeing her in this photo.

Many moons ago, I too had my hair cut in this style.  While it looks pretty, it is very high maintenance.  By that I mean you always have to keep it looking good.  You know when your hair has some length there are times when you do not feel like styling your hair and you can easily pull it back in a pony tail.  Well with this hair style you can't do that!  It is a beautiful hairstyle though.  The other problem I had  was I did not like the way my
 hair looked when the hair at the back of my head started to grown.  So I would return to the hairdress and have her cut it again.

Back to my beautiful cousin, this is what she had to say about her hair style.

"I actually enjoy my hair short, it's easy to shampoo and dry. I style it and relax for myself when it's that short. When I think the back is growing out too much, I let my stylist shave it down for me.

The products I use are: motions hair moisturizer, motions hair and scalp grease, motions CPR conditioner, olive oil/optimum relaxer, olive oil hair sheen.

To me the hardest part is deciding to grow it back out. You know that in between stage when the hair too short to go in a pony tail, that's what I'm going through right now."

She and her mom are in business together(awesome) and the name of the company is Elegant Occasions.  Elegant Occasions is an Special Event Decorating and Rental Company.  This is their FaceBook page.

No comments: