Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Am Getting Back My Length!


Just showing off the progress of my relaxed hair.  I had it relaxed and a semi permanent dye applied, in Trinidad - June 2011.  I have been going to the beach regularly and have not been treating my hair very kindly even though I have been washing out the salt water.  

I notice that there have been alot of breakage when I comb my hair.  So I bought some Organic Olive Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Moisturizer (I love these products)  and I section my hair at night and apply the moisturizer paying attention to the ends.  Then I wrap each section into a Bantu Knot.  I am getting back my length and I want my hair to be healthy!

2 comments:

Michelle @Radiant Brown Beauty said...

So glad to hear that your hair is now cooperating! also, if you don't mind me adding (and this may sound crazy). Don't comb your hair dry. Only do so when it's loaded with conditioner and even then be careful. I only finger comb now. It's made a world of difference in me retaining length.

I don't have a relaxer but when I used to, my hair would snap when I combed it too. NO explanation because I was taking care of it. I learned from my friend Shelli over at Hairscapades (you probably know her), to never comb hair dry or wet without conditioner. Boy, it's made a difference.

Martina J said...

Wow thanks for the wealth of information Michelle!

Normally what I do is, I let my hair air dry, then I would apply my moisturizer and comb it out. I learnt that I should not comb my hair when it is wet. So if you say that I should comb my hair only when it has conditioner, does that mean I should wet it every day?

I use to finger comb my hair with I twist it into Bantu Knots or braid it the night before. But it is so hot these days, that I mostly pull my hair in one.

I would most definately be trying to comb my hair loaded with conditioner. Thanks for the advise and visiting my blog!