Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Proved That It Can Be Done!

When I first migrated to the BVI, I was always under the impression that a black woman could not have very long hair. The only that it can be achieved is by having weave installed.

As I became familiar with the island and the people, I saw alot of black woman with long hair that was natural. I always admired them and decided that I wanted to grow my hair. I wanted to prove a point.

I purchased a book online that give instructions on how to do this. Well as you could see the results in the images above. I never cut my hair (or trimmed the ends) during that period.

Sometimes I go to the hairdresser and I see woman with beautiful long hair and they are having their hair braided or having their hair weaved.

In the image below, my daughter took this picture of this hairdo that I had done for my wedding day. I did not keep it for long. After about two days I washed and set my hair. I did not want to have the gel in my hair for too long.

I am from Trinidad and Tobago.


No comments: